Friday, May 8, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration
Amazing Grace
How sweet the sound
Amazing Love
Now flowing down
From hands and feet
That were nailed to the tree
As Grace flows down and covers me

It covers me
It covers me
It covers me
And covers me

Scripture Reflections Luke 8
Reactions to Grace

34When those tending the pigs saw what had happened, they ran off and reported this in the town and countryside, 35and the people went out to see what had happened. When they came to Jesus, they found the man from whom the demons had gone out, sitting at Jesus' feet, dressed and in his right mind; and they were afraid.

The reaction of the people to the work of God right in front of their eyes is telling. They were afraid. What were they afraid of? The man formerly known as Legion? Were they afraid of the changes that Jesus would bring?

Were they afraid of losing more money like the the pigs that ran into the sea and were drown...Were they afraid of the fact that if You could set this man free then maybe there was change that needed to take place in their lives...

The reality is Lord Jesus maybe they were just afraid of not being in control and of change that looked every bit as frightening as a mad man living in the tombs just outside of town.

Grace frightens me sometimes. It is so free, unearned and what if you show more grace to others than you have shown to me? It is that kind of thinking that somehow grace is limited and hard to come by that pushes me toward fear instead of faith.

36Those who had seen it told the people how the demon-possessed man had been cured. 37Then all the people of the region of the Gerasenes asked Jesus to leave them, because they were overcome with fear. So he got into the boat and left.

If these people had only known that they asked the King of Glory to leave...they would have been even more afraid.

Lord Jesus sometimes I am afraid...Please don't go even when I am afraid...never leave, that is my prayer.Fear of the unknown and of the uncontrolled can lead me to places where I do not want to be...work in my heart and in my life as you see fit. In this day help me follow where ever you lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment