Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration
Jesus Messiah

He became sin
Who knew no sin
That we might become His Righteousness
He humbled himself and carried the cross

Love so amazing
Love so amazing

Jesus Messiah
Name above all names
Blessed Redeemer
Emmanuel
The rescue for sinners
The ransom from Heaven
Jesus Messiah
Lord of all

Scripture Reflections Luke 9
18Once when Jesus was praying in private and his disciples were with him, he asked them, "Who do the crowds say I am?"

Lord Jesus if you spent time in prayer then, it must be very important...time that is spent in talking and time that is spent in listening. Was it something that the Father brought to mind that trigger this question of the disciples?

Or was it time to push it to the next step with these followers? It is time to push it to the next step with me?

19
They replied, "Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, that one of the prophets of long ago has come back to life."

John and Elijah were of a kind and highly
esteemed by the people. It was general knowledge that Elijah was to come before the Messiah as his messenger. Calling you a resurrected prophet showed their estimation and yet they did not mention Messiah.

It is one thing for me to value my relationship with You Lord. It is another step of faith to allow You to be Messiah and to be Lord of my life.

20"But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?"
Peter answered, "The Christ of God."

The crowd was one thing they saw some of what You did, but the disciples spent day and night with you. They saw you even at the odd moments. Peter was there when you raised the widow's son in Nain, he was there when Jarius' daughter was raised from the dead. He knew in his heart who you were.

Lord Jesus--I am not sure that Peter knew all that it meant that you were Messiah. I am not sure I know on a street level all that means. Continue that teaching process in me. Help me to be open to your leading, and in your revealing of yourself to me each day. What would Jesus do? Let that question inform my decisions today.

No comments:

Post a Comment