Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration

Sweetly Broken
To the cross I look, to the cross I cling
Of its suffering I do drink
Of its work I do sing
For on it my Savior both bruised and crushed
Showed that God is loveAnd God is just
At the cross You beckon me
You draw me gently to my knees, and I am
Lost for words, so lost in love,
I’m sweetly broken, wholly surrendered
What a priceless gift, undeserved life
Have I been given
Through Christ crucified
You’ve called me out of death
You’ve called me into life
And I was under Your wrath
Now through the cross I’m reconcile
In awe of the cross I must confess
How wondrous Your redeeming love and
How great is Your faithfulness

Scripture Reflections: Luke 9

Thoughts about Seeds
24For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it.

In John 12 You said this way, Lord...
24"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. 25"He who loves his life loses it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it to life eternal. 26"If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also; if anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him.

There is the picture of death bringing about life...a seed sown in soil does not choose where it is planted...the choice is with the One who sows the seed.

I might have chosen a different place to land if I were the one sowing me...but then you know best where I fit...you know best where I can grow...you know best the ground that I need to feed my quest after your will for my life.

There is the need to give up the seed's identity and lose itself in the very act of death bringing new life. that is the hard part to be willing to give up all that I have been to be all that you would have me to be.

Thoughts of the seed from underground...

It is dark down here. This ground that surrounds me is changing me I can sense that I am growing changing...never to be the same. Slowly but surely there is change and growth...but what will it be like when it is done. Will I even know who I am? Then there is the pressure...it is always there...not oppressive except when I really think about it. Pressure that is pushing on who I am...pushing on what forms me...pushing on the hopes for the future...pushing to allow change.

There is a breaking...of the outer husk and what will become roots start to dig deep...and what will become a tender shoot will quickly break for the light of day. There has to be breaking for there to be an ability to find the light...seeds don't know that when the earth is just covering them...all they know is there will be a breaking...

25What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self?

So holding on to who I am...Lord...if I were able to make it work...What good does it do? if I am not with you when I get done.

You’ve called me out of death
You’ve called me into life
And I was under Your wrath
Now through the cross I’m reconcile
In awe of the cross I must confess
How wondrous Your redeeming love and
How great is Your faithfulness

No comments:

Post a Comment