Saturday, May 30, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration
He IS ABLE
He is able, more than able
To accomplish what concerns me today.
He is able, more than able
To handle anything thay come my way.
He is able, more than able
To do much more than I could ever dream,
He is able, more than able,
To make me what He wants me to be

Scripture Reflection: Luke 9
37The next day, when they came down from the mountain, a large crowd met him.

It always seems as if, it is right after the points in my life where I have had the most spiritual victories that I end upright back in the thick of the quest...again. In fact it seems as if the higher the high points...the more I expect to see the attacks.
Note to self...Look for the valley right after the mountian top experieinces...they will be there...in fact they need to be there in order to get to the next mountain top.
38A man in the crowd called out, "Teacher, I beg you to look at my son, for he is my only child. 39A spirit seizes him and he suddenly screams; it throws him into convulsions so that he foams at the mouth. It scarcely ever leaves him and is destroying him. 40I begged your disciples to drive it out, but they could not."

While up on the mountian this boy was brought to the disciples...what was it that made it so they could not cast out this evil spirit? What about this situation was different than the others that they were able to address?

41"O unbelieving and perverse generation," Jesus replied, "how long shall I stay with you and put up with you? Bring your son here."

Who was it that was unbelieving? Was it the boy's father? By the context is seems as if Dad had some issues.. Was it the disciples? The attitude of this father is that someone just needs to fix my son..not that he had to participate in it or that his faith had anything to do with it at all...he was looking for an expert.

The end result is that this boy is brought to Jesus...what the disciples could not do you did.

Where are you limited by my lack of faith?


42Even while the boy was coming, the demon threw him to the ground in a convulsion. But Jesus rebuked the evil spirit, healed the boy and gave him back to his father. 43And they were all amazed at the greatness of God.

Lord Jesus--Thank you that you are able to meet my need ...you are able to meet it every time...no matter who else has failed you never fail. You are more than able to accomplish what is necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment