Monday, June 1, 2009

Κύριος Note

Adoration
If You Say Go
If you say go we will go
If you say wait we will wait
If you say step out on the water and they say it can't be done
We'll fix our eyes on you and we will come

Your ways (Your ways, Your ways) are higher than our ways
And the plans that You have laid are good and true
If You call us to the fire You will not withdraw Your hand
We'll gaze into the flames and look for You


Scripture Reflection: Luke 9

While everyone was marveling at all that Jesus did, he said to his disciples,

Lord Jesus, It is in the middle of the situations in which you are working with power that there is the occasions and the need for my paying closer attention. The crowd marveled at what you had done...and in the middle of it there was a teaching for the disciples that they could not hear.

Help me to listen to you Lord even in the middle of distractions, help me to hear your voice and understand. I am sure that the disciple's could hear the words that you were saying. They could see your lips moving...knew there was communication going it but they just could not get it.

44"Listen carefully to what I am about to tell you: The Son of Man is going to be betrayed into the hands of men." 45But they did not understand what this meant. It was hidden from them, so that they did not grasp it, and they were afraid to ask him about it.

The piece of this Lord that just hits me full force was the disciples did not understand and they really didn't want to...and they did not ask what it all meant. They wanted to ...or needed to avoid the reality of your words.

Is there a way Lord to learn to read your lips in the middle of those situations that overwhelm, or distract me? Can I learn to hear you with my heart and to catch even those pieces that don't fit into my plans for the future?

Can I come to the place where if you say go...I can hear it the first time and not have to wait?

Lord Jesus, teach me to read your lips. In this day Lord Jesus help me to hear and to obey without out hesitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment