Friday, June 19, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration 
Gideon
I don’t have the power 
I don’t even have a clue 
I don’t know all the answers
 I don’t even know a few 
And if I were really honest 
And the truth were known of me 
It may sound a little funny 
But this is what My prayer would be 
I don’t know what to do 
But my eyes are on you 
I don’t know what to do 
But my eyes are on you, 
My Lord I lift my eyes toward the heavens 
I tune my ear to your command 
Help me boast in my condition 
You’re the God and I’m the man

 Jason Upton 
Scripture Reflections: Luke 11:2-8 
2He said to them, "When you pray, say: 
   " 'Father, 
   hallowed be your name, 
   your kingdom come. 

 

Holy is your name Father.  What will your kingdom be like when it comes?  Things made right... the hurts mended...justice and mercy 

 3Give us each day our daily bread. 

 

You have given so much...not just bread but blessings without number that continue to bless my life.  Praise you Father for your goodness that surrounds and supports my life.



 4Forgive us our sins, 
      for we also forgive everyone who sins against us. 

 


Forgiveness that you bring Lord Jesus is a gift that you brought through your death on the cross...but it is a gift that makes demands and shapes my behavior in relationships.  Lord Jesus continue to shape my relationships, my reactions and behaviors.


   And lead us not into temptation.' "

Father you know what is around the next corner of life before I get there.  Guard my steps, hedge in the evil that prowls and seeks to destroy all that you would have happen.  Keep me safe and beyond harm.

 5Then he said to them, "Suppose one of you has a friend, and he goes to him at midnight and says, 'Friend, lend me three loaves of bread, 6because a friend of mine on a journey has come to me, and I have nothing to set before him.'

 7"Then the one inside answers, 'Don't bother me. The door is already locked, and my children are with me in bed. I can't get up and give you anything.' 8I tell you, though he will not get up and give him the bread because he is his friend, yet because of the man's boldness he will get up and give him as much as he needs.


Lord Jesus you want me to ask with boldness and with confidence...with the understanding that there is enduring relationship that allows a kind of holy boldness in approaching you. 


Where have I missed opportunities and places of grace and blessing because I have not asked with a holy boldness?  Lord Jesus help me to develop an internal sense of when to speak and when not to...when to push the  issue and when to retreat to wait for the movement of your Holy Spirit at another time and interchange.


Lord Jesus in the coming day lead me and guide me in your ways.  Speak to me as you see best, open my mind and my heart to what you have for the coming day.  Help me to keep my eyes on you Lord Jesus...to watch and follow and learn.  You know better than I that I do not know all the answers and have only a few of the questions right.

No comments:

Post a Comment