Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration
Majesty (Here I Am)
Here I am humbled by the love that you give
Forgiven so that I can forgive
Here I stand, knowing that I'm your desire
Sanctified by glory and fire
Now I've found the greatest love of all is mine
Since you laid down your life
The greatest sacrifice

Majesty, Majesty
Your grace has found me just as I am
Empty handed, but alive in your hands
Majesty, Majesty
Forever I am changed by your love
In the presence of your Majesty

Scripture Reflections Luke 11:45-46

45One of the experts in the law answered him, "Teacher, when you say these things, you insult us also."


I know there are times when I need to hear what I do not want to hear. The words hurt and the message cuts right to the heart, but the cutting is the only way to heal the infection. Were You insulting the scribes and Pharisees? You were telling them the truth.
Help me to hear your truth Lord Jesus not as an insult, but as a complement to my desire to listen to you and obey. You love me enough to tell me the truth even when I don't want to hear it or even when it hurts.

46Jesus replied, "And you experts in the law, woe to you, because you load people down with burdens they can hardly carry, and you yourselves will not lift one finger to help them.

Lord Jesus is it real easy to tell other people what they need to do. How they need to pull the load...how much of a load that they should be able to carry...where it put the load when they are done.

It is much harder to lift the load and to help carry the load until we reach our destination. Preacher, don't just talk...you also need to walk, with a load in your hands.

Jesus you are the example. You told me of sin and through you death offered a means of forgiveness.

Lord Jesus in this day help me to speak truth in love. Help me in the situations that I find myself in to be an example of your grace and goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment