Friday, June 26, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration
Shine on Us

Lord, let your grace, grace from your hand, fall on us.
Lord, let your grace, grace from your hand, fall on us.
That we may be saved, that we may have life,
To find our way in the darkest night, let your grace fall on us.

Scripture Reflections Luke 11:37-41

37When Jesus had finished speaking, a Pharisee invited him to eat with him; so he went in and reclined at the table. 38But the Pharisee, noticing that Jesus did not first wash before the meal, was surprised.

I wonder if you didn't wash on purpose Lord? Invited to dinner...for polite conversation? The more that I walk with you the more that I am aware not every situation of life is a teaching moment in my walk with you.

I invite you Lord Jesus into my day, I will not expect polite conversation of dinner small talk. I need you direct intervention and guidance. Polite small talk with not help me.

39Then the Lord said to him, "Now then, you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside you are full of greed and wickedness. 40You foolish people! Did not the one who made the outside make the inside also? 41But give what is inside the dish to the poor, and everything will be clean for you.

There are times when you need to confront my hypocritical behavior Lord. I don't like it. I don't always hear it the first time, or the even the second time, but I desperately need to hear your feed back. Lord Jesus you have permission make the corrections when needed.

Take My Life
How many times have I turned away?
The number is the same as the sand on the shore
But every time you've taken me back
And now I ask you do it once more.
Please take from me my life
When I don't have the strength to give it away to you
Please take from me my life
When I don't have the strength to give it away to you Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment