Sunday, June 21, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration

Jesus Lover of My Soul
Jesus, lover of my soul
all consuming fire is in Your gaze
Jesus, I want you to know
I will follow you all my days
for no one else in history is like you
and history itself belongs to you
Alpha and Omega,
You have loved me
and I will share eternity with You
It's all about You, Jesus
and all this is for You
for Your glory and your fame
it's not about me
as if You should do things my way
You alone are God and I surrender to your ways

Scripture Reflections: Luke 11

14Jesus was driving out a demon that was mute. When the demon left, the man who had been mute spoke, and the crowd was amazed. 15But some of them said, "By Beelzebub, the prince of demons, he is driving out demons." 16Others tested him by asking for a sign from heaven.

Lord Jesus it is not easy sometimes to know what is happening when there are changes in the way that I experience your leadership to know for sure that I am being lead by you. These people were seeing for the first time the power of God demonstrated in front of them.

It must have been amazing and scary at the same time...difficult to understand and to sort out in their minds and hearts. They got it right in that there are only really two choices. Either this work is of God or it is not....

How many signs do we need to know that something is of God? How many miracles need to be demonstrated before questions become silly? How many dead people raised does it take until we are convinced of the presence of God at work.


Demon possession...lots of openness in our day to the spirit world...lots of pop culture pictures. Vampires and mediums are all over the television.

In scripture there is always some physical manifestation of the possession. It is clear that not every person who was mute was demon possessed. Lord Jesus don't let me miss the spiritual implications and yet don't allow me to get to the point where demons are behind everything. It is also clear that there was little debate over who was demon possessed.

17Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them: "Any kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and a house divided against itself will fall. 18If Satan is divided against himself, how can his kingdom stand? I say this because you claim that I drive out demons by Beelzebub.

It must have been disconcerting when you told them what they were thinking Lord. You know my thoughts Lord Jesus...be a part of my inner dialogue...in the stream of thoughts and feelings. If you are in my thoughts and feelings there is no worry about discerning the spirits. You will tell me in a way that is just too clear to miss.

19Now if I drive out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your followers drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. 20But if I drive out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has come to you.

It's all about You, Jesus
and all this is for You
for Your glory and your fame
it's not about me
as if You should do things my way
You alone are God and I surrender to your ways
Lord Jesus may your kingdom come...don't let me miss your work in my heart and life...don't let me miss your work in Living Springs...move Holy Spirit in power
.

No comments:

Post a Comment