Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration

Savior Please

Savior, please take my hand
I work so hard, I live so fast
This life begins, and then it ends
And I do the best that I can, but I don't know how long I'll last

I try to be so tough
But I'm just not strong enough
I can't do this alone, God I need You to hold on to me
I try to be good enough
But I'm nothing without Your love
Savior, please keep saving me

Savior, please help me stand
I fall so hard, I fade so fast
Will You begin right where I end
And be the God of all I am because You're all I have

Scripture Reflections:Luke 10 

 38As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. 39She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said.

When I am listening at your feet Lord Jesus, there will always be calls to other things. There are a thousand things that need to be done...a thousand things that need to be fixed now. What I want to hear is your voice and see your power at work in my life and in the life of the Living Springs Community Church.

 
Hearing your voice Lord Jesus in the middle of the cacophony of voices that surround me is not easy at times.  The reality is that you are not always speaking...Lord Jesus help me listen at those precious times when you are at work and moving in power with your people.
 
You came to town and Mary and Martha had a selected limited window of opportunity to hear your words.
 
Lord Jesus teach me how to make the most out of each and every time that I sense your Spirit moving and working in my heart and in the life of the church.  Help me to follow without hesitation, even when following flies in the face of convention and normal practice.

Mary must have had to hold her anxiety in check and just listen with all her might...I am willing to guess that there must have been pokes in the ribs or maybe uncomfortable glances from her sister before Martha ever said a word.
Help me to listen that way to you Lord Jesus every time you speak.
 
40 But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"

I want to be unmovable at your feet hearing every word even if it means that other preparation can not be done. Lord Jesus help me to choose the best.
 

41"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, 42but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."

 Lord Jesus there is hope in this word!   When I choose to listen...and can keep that focus... you stand behind, support and encourage in ways that I may or may not be aware of. 
 
Lord Jesus you know me so well...there are times when I have ADHD of the soul...so easily distracted and can miss the divine in the middle of the mundane so often. Speak your Word and more with power in my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment