Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Κύριος Notes

 Adoration

He Knows My Name

I  have a Maker
He formed my heart
Before even time
began
   My life was in his hands

 

I have a Father

He calls me His own

He'll never leave me
No matter where I go


Scripture Reflections:Luke 10 


16"He who listens to you listens to me; he who rejects you rejects me; but he who rejects me rejects him who sent me."

 17The seventy-two returned with joy and said, "Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name."

 18He replied, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.


Lord Jesus it is exciting to be used by you.  If I am on the Master's mission then all of the resources of heaven are available for the job.  Nothing can stop those who are doing your will...not physical impediments nor spiritual impediments. Nothing can hold back the work, when I step out in faith and obey your direction.


There was a shift that even Satan had to adjust to in activity that God's people were involved in.  If you set your people on a task not even the gates of hell can prevail against them.  


There are times Lord Jesus when I am not aware of the impact of the simple acts of faith on the spiritual battle that surrounds us.  I am sure that some the impact of the work of the seventy-two was evident to them...demons submitted to them...people were healed. The major impacts of their work was seen by you Lord. 


Does this scripture mean that I should go out and find snakes and scorpions to walk on?  Should the miraculous be at my command so I can walk across the swimming pool?  


No.  The point is that when I am doing your will...I will have everything that I need to accomplish what You have called me to do.  I can not look at the physical, spiritual, emotional or financial challenges and throw up my hands in defeat. 


My Master does not call me to a task that will not be accomplished. 


20However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."


Lord Jesus in the end it is not about tasks it is much more personal than that.  Thank you for the simple fact of salvation and the reality of sins forgiven.  What happens when I follow your will does not buy my salvation, it does not change my need for you.  


Lord Jesus in this day...help me to be aware of the impacts of obedience to your call.  Nothing can stop me as I am submitted to your will and obey your call.  I am never alone...never not protected...never facing something that you did not anticipate and provide for ahead of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment