Monday, June 15, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration

There is a place of commanding blessing       
 Where brethren in unity dwell   
A place where anointing oil is flowing       
Where we live as one  
You have called us to be a body 
You have called us as friends 
Joined together in the bond of the Spirit Unto the end  
Father we join with the prayer of Jesus 
As you are so let us be one 
Joined together in unity and purpose 
All for the love you Son  

We will break dividing walls We will break dividing walls
          We will break dividing walls in the name of your Son    
We will break dividing walls 
We will break dividing walls  
And we will be one


Scripture Reflections:Luke 10 

 25On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
 
This teacher of the law must have heard that dead people were alive that had been dead...and yet there was the test.  I am not sure that would be willing to test the person who had given a widow back her dead son..
 

 26"What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?"

 27He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

 28"You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live." This was the essense of the law.
 
This is exactly the same answer that You gave Lord Jesus when questioned about the greatest commandment.   It continues to amaze me that I can get the content...the thoughts and the words right and yet miss the heart of the matter. 
 
This teacher of the law knew it all.  Had all the right information and yet he did not have the ability to make the application of the word to the work that surrounded him.
 
Where are the places where knowledge does not connect with reality in my life Lord?  Where are the places where I have the essence of the matter and know the heart of God and yet I am not able to put all the pieces together into a coherent whole. 
 
Lord Jesus where are we stuggling with the same issues in Living Springs?  Where are the places where we know all the right words, but when the Living God is right in front of us we can't see you at work?
 
Lord Jesus help me to move beyond just words to heart knowledge that pushes me to action. Holy Spirit work.  Help me to see beyond words, beyond just thoughts to know in my heart the next step before I even get there.   Give me the eyes to see my community and our church the way that you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment