Monday, June 8, 2009

Κύριος Notes

 Adoration

He Knows My Name

I  have a Maker
He formed my heart
Before even time be-gan
   My life was in his hands

 

He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
    and He hears me when I call

 

I have a Father

He calls me His own

He'll never leave me
No matter where I go

Scripture Reflections:Luke 10

3Go! I am sending you out like lambs among wolves. 4Do not take a purse or bag or sandals; and do not greet anyone on the road. 

 

For years I have felt like I was a guppy swimming with sharks. The protection that I have to keep the wolf from the door is money, but here you told your followers not to take any money with them.  There is a clear dependance on your mercy and your grace to provide for the needs for the disciples.  Almost as if to say...Be the guppy in the middle of it all I will meet the needs of every guppy out there that is doing my will.


Lord Jesus how could I miss that this is a command.  It is not go if you get the chance... You did not say "while you are going...could you stop by pick up some milk and doing my will in the process."  Your will is the point...it is the command...

 

 5"When you enter a house, first say, 'Peace to this house.' 6If a man of peace is there, your peace will rest on him; if not, it will return to you. 7Stay in that house, eating and drinking whatever they give you, for the worker deserves his wages. Do not move around from house to house.


A history of hospitality was a part of the culture. The principle that is operating is a workman is worth his support...there should be compensation for work done.  Ministry has value.  I am not to be picky about the expression of that compensation...and to accept the hospitality of the house.
 
 8"When you enter a town and are welcomed, eat what is set before you. 9Heal the sick who are there and tell them, 'The kingdom of God is near you.'
 
The point of the ministry that the seventy were sent out to do was the healing that was done, not on the basis of an insurance card, but on your grace.  One of the evidences of the fact that there was the power of God at work was the fact that there were miracles that were taking place.  Lord Jesus do that kind of work in LSCC.  Let there be validation of the message.  It takes stepping out and taking the risk for that to happen.
 
10But when you enter a town and are not welcomed, go into its streets and say, 11'Even the dust of your town that sticks to our feet we wipe off against you. Yet be sure of this: The kingdom of God is near.'
 

There is a cost to not giving a welcome to kingdom workers.  There is an immediate cost...the loss of in people's lives that would have been impacted for health.  The loss of the light that could have been seen.  The loss of the hope that could have been experienced.  


12I tell you, it will be more bearable on that day for Sodom than for that town.

 13"Woe to you, Korazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. 14But it will be more bearable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment than for you. 15And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted up to the skies? No, you will go down to the depths.


There is an ultimate price that is paid for the rejection of light.In the middle of your call on my life, you know my name Lord Jesus.  You know the name of the town and the street that I am living on.  You know who I will be interacting with in the coming day.  Lord Jesus work through me and show me the harvest and where to work in the field that I accept by faith is white to harvest. 


You know every lamb that is in the wolf pack tonight Lord...you know each wolf by name.  Lord Jesus protect your lambs.


Lord Jesus tarry longer over Saratoga.  Lord Jesus move in power in this city.  May the strong holds of Satan fall and the kingdom of darkness suffer great defeat because God's people are in the harvest field doing your work...a field in which they have not sown, but are reaping a great harvest. 



No comments:

Post a Comment