Thursday, June 4, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration

Over the mountains and the sea 
Your river runs with the love for me 
and I will open up my heart 
and let the healer set me free. 
I’m happy to be in the truth 
and I will daily lift my hands 
for I will always sing of when Your love came down.
 
 Scripture Reflection: Luke 9

"Master," said John, "we saw a man driving out demons in your name and we tried to stop him, because he is not one of us."

 50"Do not stop him," Jesus said, "for whoever is not against you is for you."


"Not one of us"...what does that bring to mind, Lord?...It brings to mind the fact that I tend to think of things within the context that I find myself and that the important things of what you are doing must be happening with me.  Reality is something different.   


You are working on multiple levels all at the same time.  I see so little of what you are working on in the big picture.  "Us" is very important to me...and to You, but you are working in others just like you are working in me and in my group that I am a part of.  Lord Jesus give me eyes to see your hand at work in and an appreciation for your work where ever you are at work blessing


 51As the time approached for him to be taken up to heaven, Jesus resolutely set out for Jerusalem. 


I wonder what it felt like as you headed for Jerusalem, knowing that this was the last journey that you were going to make. It took iron will and determination to face toward the place where you knew that you would die.  Thank you Lord for that determination that lead you to that city...to that hill...to that cross.  You went there for me.


52And he sent messengers on ahead, who went into a Samaritan village to get things ready for him; 53but the people there did not welcome him, because he was heading for Jerusalem. 54When the disciples James and John saw this, they asked, "Lord, do you want us to call fire down from heaven to destroy the?" 55But Jesus turned and rebuked them, 56and they went to another village.


So what do we do when people don't agree with us?  Lord it is clear that the disciples did not like the fact that they were not received.  But they also could not get the reason for your trip to Jerusalem.  Maybe the Samaritan's got it...maybe they knew that this would be your last trip.  Maybe they just could not go there.


Sometimes Lord, when I am at odds with people remind me that they may know more...understand more than I do at the moment of your will and you work.  It is easy to see that from this quiet vantage point in the night with the Your Holy Spirit working with me as I pray through your word.  Help me to see that in the mix that surrounds me...in the chaos of the day help me hear you clear soft voice.


No comments:

Post a Comment