Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration


Your ways are higher than our ways
And the plans that You have laid are good and true
If You call us to the fire
You will not withdraw Your hand
We'll gaze into the flames and look for You

Scripture Reflection: Luke 9
46An argument started among the disciples as to which of them would be the greatest.
Timing is everything. The same people who cast out demons in your name were right here arguing about relative position and the need to be the highest in the pecking order. Context here is something that just blows me away...just after seeing you in all your glory....just having been a part of the healing ministry...just having heard about the call to following...
Lord this must have been emotionally draining...these men who you invested so much time in and they just were struggling to make sense of what you were calling them to...they were acting just plain childish.
47Jesus, knowing their thoughts, took a little child and had him stand beside him. 48Then he said to them, "Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. For he who is least among you all—he is the greatest."

The measuring stick used in the kingdom is a different one than I am used to...it is something that we just don't understand if we use logic or reasoning...it is really counter-intuitive.

Here the focus that you draw me to Lord is who am I welcoming. Really good point... am I welcoming the people who are just the ones who are helpful to my goals. Or am I welcoming no matter what. Anyone you bring into my life should receive the same welcome. It shouldn't matter.

Getting ahead in kingdom work happens as we submit to the next good thing you put in front of me...the next person to welcome...the next person who needs the touch of the master through my hands and my work.


When the disciple heard this I am sure they were scratching their heads...how did he know what we were talking about? It must have been one of those moments when they just got a glimpse of their personal dream burning...of the call of your plans.

And the plans that You have laid are good and true

If You call us to the fire You will not withdraw Your hand

We'll gaze into the flames and look for You

Lord Jesus help me get it right...help me to welcome the next good thing that you bring into my life to do...no matter the context...help me to do the task and to love the person who you bring with all the grace that you give me.

No comments:

Post a Comment