Sunday, June 28, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration

What A Friend I've Found
What a friend I've found
Closer than a brother
I have felt your touch
More intimate than lovers
Jesus, Jesus
Jesus, friend forever

Scripture Reflections Luke 11:42

42"Woe to you Pharisees, because you give God a tenth of your mint, rue and all other kinds of garden herbs, but you neglect justice and the love of God. You should have practiced the latter without leaving the former undone.

Lord Jesus giving to your kingdom does not make any difference if there isn't a basic commitment to honesty and justice. Giving is important but not as important as justice.

I am thinking that the conversation got very quiet at this point in the dinner party. There may have thoughts in the mind of the host..."my this isn't going well." Lord Jesus remind me that sometimes I don't need to be comfortable...that there is power in dissonance and there is a need you put within me to be real.

It is just like me at times to get the little things right and to just miss the most important things of all. Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic yet again...It is not always easy to sort out the mountains from the mole hills on planet Earth Lord Jesus.

I have a feeling that there was that still small voice that was shouting within these leaders of the law as they were foreclosing on widows houses...that this just isn't right.

Lord Jesus save me from the mole hills and help me to see the mountains. You are the kind of friend that will not let me lean over mole hills and mutter about the height...you correct me and give me the eyes to see the mountains that need to be climbed.
Do it again today Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment