Thursday, June 11, 2009

Κύριος Notes

 Adoration

I am a Friend of God

Who am I that you are mindful of me
That you hear me, when I call
Is it true that you are thinking of me
How you love me, it's amazing (Who am I Lord)

I am a friend of God
I am a friend of God
I am a friend of God
He calls me friend

God Almighty
Lord of Glory
You have called me friend


Scripture Reflections:Luke 10 

21At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.


This is one of the places where I know for sure what you were feeling Lord Jesus.  It brought you joy to see the growing insight of your disciples.  People who were not the movers and the shakers...people who were not in power.  There is the ability to see God at work in the simple trust of children. I make it all to complicated sometimes. 


 22"All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows who the Son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."


This insight of the seventy two was something that was divinely blessed and brought about.  Every time I am able to see with the eyes of faith and to understand your call and your direction it is the intervention of God.


Lord Jesus continue the process of showing yourself to me. Sometimes I am just plain a slow learner. 


It is not something that you are trying to put on the top shelf so only a few can reach it...you reveal yourself to those who allow themselves to trust  you...who realize their dependence on you...who accept the simple gift of grace.


 23Then he turned to his disciples and said privately, "Blessed are the eyes that see what you see. 24For I tell you that many prophets and kings wanted to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it."


I am sure that I do not appreciate the blessings of seeing what I see...thank you Lord for where I have seen you work...thank you for lessons learned...for victories won...for hope that reaches beyond the edges of the seen to the unseen...knowing that you are at work even when I do not see it.  You delight in revelation.


Lord Jesus--Help me to see you in this coming day.  Help me to know that you are at work and that you are my friend. Remind me of the victories that have been won. Bless these eyes today.

No comments:

Post a Comment