Saturday, June 20, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration

I don’t know what to do 
But my eyes are on you 
I don’t know what to do 
But my eyes are on you, My Lord   
 
I lift my eyes toward the heavens  
I tune my ear to your command  
Help me boast in my condition 
You’re the God and I’m the man

Scripture Reflections: Luke 11:9-13

9"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.


Lord Jesus you have said...to ask boldly. I am sure that I am not asking boldly enough...I have asked so small...2 new families here and 4 new families there...Lord Jesus each me to ask boldly...it is not like there is a shortage in your power or grace.


Lord Jesus I remember the Prayer of Jabez...nothing magical in the prayer...but I remember that there has been an increase in you blessing since I have consistently sought it.


Lord Jesus bless this venture of a church called Living Springs...may your angels guard and guide...may your Holy Spirit work without restraint...may we see and sense each week a movement of your grace.


Help me to get better at the asking...asking boldly, for the right reasons...with expectancy in my mind and heart.


10For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.


I am not always sure I get this part right either Lord Jesus...there are times when I ask and then don't pay attention to the answer...there goes that ADHD of the soul kicking into gear again.


Teach me to receive the answer that you are giving...to hear it. The word says that you always answer...that if I am looking there is always an answer, that if I even bother to knock the door is going to open.


I remember the ring the door bell and leave fast game we used to play...as kids. It sounds like I am been doing that with you at times...asking and yet when the answer comes I am gone somewhere else looking for another door bell to ring.


11"Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"


Lord Jesus you promised and even underlined the promise that your Holy Spirit would be given and present in our lives when we asked. There is no problem with your desire to give. The problem is we just may never ask expecting to receive or even notice and acknowledge that you have been working.

I don’t know what to do 
But my eyes are on you 
I don’t know what to do 
But my eyes are on you, My Lord   
 
I lift my eyes toward the heavens  
I tune my ear to your command  
Help me boast in my condition  
You’re the God and I’m the man


Lord Jesus help me to boast that it is all you. Without your continued direction and support 
there is nothing that I can accomplish.  I rest in you and in your grace for this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment