Sunday, June 7, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration

I could sing of Your love forever,
I could sing of Your love forever,
I could sing of Your love forever,
I could sing of Your love forever

Scripture Reflection:Luke 10

 1After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go. 2He told them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. 

There is work to be done.  The fields are white unto harvest.  Lord Jesus, what about the fields around me?  Are they white for harvest? How do we reach them on the corner of Washington and Pine? 

Lord your disciples did not do anything that would prepare the fields...nor were they  the ones that sowed the seed.  They were there to see the increase.  They were there to work the harvest.  Field hands for Jesus.  This sounds like myopic but point me in the right direction of the field...some me the people that are receptive to the gospel.

Lord teach me about the harvest.  Teach me about where the people are...teach me about how in this culture in the first half of the 21st century since your birth to reach the lost.

What are some of the needs?  

This is really a fatherless generation.  Whole families that do not know what it means to have consistent and present leadership in homes and in families.  Broken relationships that need restoration and healing that can only come from your hand.  Lives that need healing physically and emotionally.  Addictions that need healing and help.  Hungry people that need to be feed.

Lord Jesus teach me harvesting technique...teach me to see the harvest that surrounds me. Help me to see beyond the streets and stop signs and to see the people as you see them. Show me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment