Thursday, June 18, 2009

Κύριος Notes

 Adoration

Savior Please

Savior, please help me stand
I fall so hard, I fade so fast
Will You begin right where I end
And be the God of all I am because You're all I have

I try to be so tough
But I'm just not strong enough
I can't do this alone, God I need You to hold on to me
I try to be good enough
But I'm nothing without Your love
Savior, please keep saving me



Scripture Reflections: Luke 11

 1One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples."
 
I never noticed before Jesus that the disciples referenced John and his disciples and his teaching on prayer.
 
I wonder what John the Baptist taught about prayer? 
 
A call to Repentance...coming judgement...and preparing the way for You Lord Jesus...are what I find in the recorded account of his work...except here in this little side reference.  His teaching on prayer must have been something that was an intricate part of his message.
 
What ever the teaching John did on prayer...it was something that impressed and informed the disciples enough that they wanted to know Your thoughts on prayer.  They had watched You separate and take time for prayer...I am sure that they heard You pray...
 
Maybe it was that call to prayer for harvest workers (Luke 10:2) that triggered a desire to know more of Your thoughts on prayer...maybe it was seeing the impact of the 72 sent out to do kingdom work...maybe it was just time for more teaching on prayer.
 
Prayer is the connecting link to all that You have and all that You are leading me to be.   Prayer comes in so many forms...petition...adoration...thanksgiving...a few words under the breath going into a difficult conversation...inviting You to be a part of the steam of thoughts that are a part of my unending inner dialogue...
 
Lord Jesus teach me to pray as you prayed...teach Living Springs to pray and to be a place of prayer.  Teach me to first fight and win the spiritual battles that await...by the same power that raised You from the dead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment