Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration
The wind of this world
Can push us around
Folding us up
Backing us down
But here in the dark
I’m not alone
So come with your strength
And carry me home
Scripture Reflections: Luke 11:29-32
29As the crowds increased, Jesus said, "This is a wicked generation. It asks for a miraculous sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah.

There comes a point when denial of the work of God must be dealt with in a frontal confrontation. Denial becomes rejection of the message when confronted with the truth and there is rejection. Lord Jesus these people saw with their eyes the dead raised and the sick healed, they saw the poor preached to...they saw the signs of spiritual life surrounding them...the demons cast out with a command...and yet they looked for a sign.

These same people could have been blessed and yet were called wicked. The turning point was the fact that they saw but did not understand...they heard but choose not to obey.

Lord Jesus when am I hear the words but not understanding? I would like to think that I am somehow qualitatively different than this people who saw you work and did not understand it...and yet there are ways that I am just as seeing and yet unbelieving.

I am aware of your work in my life, I think I want you to work my way and you kindly and gently insist to be allowed to work in your way and in your time frame. Lord Jesus work as you see fit.



30For as Jonah was a sign to the Ninevites, so also will the Son of Man be to this generation.

The ultimate sign was to come when you came out of the grave. For those who had chosen to hear your message the resurrection was the realization of all their hopes. For those who had rejected it was their worst nightmare realized.

Remind me again and again that the end is never the end when you are in the mix of my life. By the power of your resurrection I can find new life in the middle of situations that appear to be hopeless.


31The Queen of the South will rise at the judgment with the men of this generation and condemn them; for she came from the ends of the earth to listen to Solomon's wisdom, and now one greater than Solomon is here.

To hear you message and reject it is a fearful thing. Solomon was just a wise man and Sheba travel to hear his wisdom...to hear and to understand. Your message of God's grace is so much more transforming than just wisdom.

32The men of Nineveh will stand up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and now one greater than Jonah is here.

Jonah was a preacher on the run angry and resentful of the fact that God had called him, yet the people repented. Lord Jesus your preaching did not have immediate impact...it cost you your life, and in your death and resurrection the church was born.

In the face of truth of your message I realize that you speak truth into my life each time that I spend time thinking and reflecting on your word at work inside me. If you could use a prophet that was on the run and resentful then you can use me today right where you find me.
Oh great light of the world
Fill up my soul
I’ll never mend here
So come make me whole
Oh great light of the world
Come to im-part
The light of your grace
To fill up my heart
Lord Jesus by your light alive in my heart. Help me to listen to your message today and live it out today.

No comments:

Post a Comment