Monday, June 22, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration

Holiness, holiness is what I long for
Holiness is what I need
Holiness, holiness is what You want from me
Faithfulness, faithfulness is what I long for
Faithfulness is what I need
Faithfulness, faithfulness is whatYou want from me
So take my heart and form it
Take my mind, transform it
Take my will, conform it
To Yours, to Yours, oh, Lord

Scripture Reflections: Luke 11
21"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe. 22But when someone stronger attacks and overpowers him, he takes away the armor in which the man trusted and divides up the spoils.

It is a spiritual battle for my soul and to reach the goals that you would have me reach Lord Jesus. Strongholds of the evil one need to fall. It is always by your power Lord Jesus that impact is made for your kingdom. The power for meeting the spiritual battle that surround me is found only in you.

23"He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me, scatters.

There is a basic direction that has to be determined. Either the direction toward You or away from You, Jesus, there is no in between. Decisions have to be made that with impact present kingdom work. I choose each step to move in the direction toward you, Lord.

There is also the implication that if I am not gathering in that I must be scattering.

24"When an evil spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, 'I will return to the house I left.' 25When it arrives, it finds the house swept clean and put in order. 26Then it goes and takes seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first."

The goal is transformation not reformation. It is not just about getting all cleaned up. It is about change that is real and lasting on a level that does not allow room for evil to have a foothold...a resting place.

There is no other place that it is safe Lord except right beside you and with only room for your direction is my life. Everything else will just enslave at some point...even if I can't see it from where I am. The spiritual prinicple at work is really very simple: empty places will be filled up with something...I choose that those places be filled with you Lord.

In the end that is what holiness is about...you filling in the empty spaces and places in my life with your faith, hope and love.


Lord Jesus lead me to the place where there is no other empty places in my life except where you are already there. Fill in the empty places in my life with your grace...fill my time and use my energy as you see fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment