Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration

Waves of Mercy Waves of Grace
Everywhere I Look, I See Your Face
Your Love has captured Me
Oh My God this Love, How can it Be!

Scripture Reflections Luke 11:47-48
47"Woe to you, because you build tombs for the prophets, and it was your forefathers who killed them. 48So you testify that you approve of what your forefathers did; they killed the prophets, and you build their tombs. 49Because of this, God in his wisdom said, 'I will send them prophets and apostles, some of whom they will kill and others they will persecute.'

Nostalgia is something that runs deep in those who worship you Lord Jesus. I am not comfortable with change and growth. It is always much easier to remember and celebrate the blessings of the past than to walk by faith the journey you call me today.

We can not live in the safe past. We must journey with you Lord to the place of grace and service that you have for me. A journey always implies risk, adventure, mistakes and mess. Lord Jesus teach me about the risks, give me a heart that is content with with adventure, guard me from the mistakes that would be fatal to your work, and Lord Jesus thank you for the mess.

50Therefore this generation will be held responsible for the blood of all the prophets that has been shed since the beginning of the world, 51from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, who was killed between the altar and the sanctuary. Yes, I tell you, this generation will be held responsible for it all.

The consequences for not following the call of God for living in the present has an effect that ripples like a stone thrown into a calm pool of water.

Lord Jesus help me follow you in the present tense and not in some nostalgic past that no longer has any chance of change in it. Lord Jesus give me the courage and faith to reach out for all that you have for me today with grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment