Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration
Every Move I Make
Every move I make I make in You,
(You make me move Jesus)
Every Breath I take I Breath in You
Every step I take I take in You,
(You are my way Jesus)
Every Breath I take I Breath in You
Waves of Mercy Waves of Grace
Everywhere I Look, I See Your Face
Your Love has captured Me
Oh My God this Love, How can it Be!
Scripture Reflections Luke 12:49-53
49"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! 50But I have a baptism to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is completed! 51Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division.

So what is it that you seek to do Lord in me? There is a division of those who are willing to deal with the change and those who are not. You challenge me Lord to the change that you bring. You do not and will not fit into my categories...you are not tame...you are in charge and you call me to follow even when it is beyond where I have been before.

It is surely not going to be peaceful...it will call for all that is within me. I want to stay with where I am familiar and safe. You call me to places where there is risk...and the possibility of loss. The fire can either refine or destroy...it really depends on my willingness to follow...to accept...to change.

52From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law."

The structures that have been nurturing will need to change. You do not allow me to be comfortable in the past, I will need to listen to you even when it flies in the face of all that I have known as a basic nurturing source. It is not change for the sake of change...just to do things differently...it is change that is necessary for the growth that your call requires of me.

Anything that does not fit into that call...or anyone who is not following will need to be left behind.

Even those things that were blessings in the past can become the things that hold me back from your will for the present. I have to be willing to trust you for today...for what I need for today's mission.
Lord Jesus lead me by your grace...to what you would have to be do and be today.

No comments:

Post a Comment