Friday, July 24, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration

Psalm 1
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night.
3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.

Scripture Reflections Luke 14:15-24
15When one of those at the table with him heard this, he said to Jesus, "Blessed is the man who will eat at the feast in the kingdom of God."

This was a good response by someone in this group of people who were generally non-supportive of You Lord. They truly wanted to be a the celebration of the ages.

I want to be at the Wedding Feast of the Lamb too Lord.

Yet these men who were having dinner with You could have been a part of the group who were crying for Your death in just a very short while. They remind me how close and yet so far away people can be from your kingdom.

16Jesus replied: "A certain man was preparing a great banquet and invited many guests. 17At the time of the banquet he sent his servant to tell those who had been invited, 'Come, for everything is now ready.' 18"But they all alike began to make excuses. The first said, 'I have just bought a field, and I must go and see it. Please excuse me.'
19"Another said, 'I have just bought five yoke of oxen, and I'm on my way to try them out. Please excuse me.' 20"Still another said, 'I just got married, so I can't come.'

Lord Jesus I was not a part of that first group invited. The gentile church is a part of the kingdom because of your grace and mercy.

Many of the chosen people had excuses. Lord Jesus don't let me have excuses when I hear your call. Help me be prepared and determined to fulfill the mission, reach the goal, sow the seed as you request.

In Psalm One you promise that You will nurture, water and bless with fruit the person who centers their life around your direction and word.

21"The servant came back and reported this to his master. Then the owner of the house became angry and ordered his servant, 'Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind and the lame.' 22" 'Sir,' the servant said, 'what you ordered has been done, but there is still room.' 23"Then the master told his servant, 'Go out to the roads and country lanes and make them come in, so that my house will be full. 24I tell you, not one of those men who were invited will get a taste of my banquet.' "

You want your feast to be well attended. The job of bring people to that feast of the King continues.

Lord you know the prayer of my heart, eight new families and four people coming to know You. Lord Jesus bless your church.

No comments:

Post a Comment