Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration
Change My Heart, Oh God
Change my heart oh God
Make it ever true
Change my heart oh God
May I be like you
You are the potter, I am the clay
Mold me and make me, this is what I pray

Scripture Reflections Luke 12:8-11

13Someone in the crowd said to him, "Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me."
14Jesus replied, "Man, who appointed me a judge or an arbiter between you?" 15Then he said to them, "Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."


Lord Jesus--I can be so external focused. It is so easy for stuff to become important. You are right there is a need to be on guard about it.

16And he told them this parable: "The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop. 17He thought to himself, 'What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.'

Maybe the best thing that this rich man could have done was it give it away to people that needed it. Lord Jesus there is the tendency to hold on to when we just need to let things go. The tricky part Lord Jesus is to know when to hold on and when to let go. That is the place where you will need to be begin to teach me Lord.

18"Then he said, 'This is what I'll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. 19And I'll say to myself, "You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry." '

The focus of this man was exclusively on himself and on what he had and could do. How often is that the way that I think Lord.

20"But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?'
21"This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God."


Lord Jesus thank you for the blessings that you have brought into my life. You have blessed me in so many ways with so many different gifts of grace. Lord Jesus help me to hold lightly that which you have given to me...to see it all as a means to goal and a goal in it's self. Your kingdom is the goal. Remind me today when I need it of that simple truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment