Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration

Watching the Sun Come Up
Before the sun is above the trees.
Before the first morning birds sing.
I wait for you in silence.
I wait for you in awe.
I wait for you knowing.
You will be here with me.

Scripture Reflections Luke 15

1Now the tax collectors and "sinners" were all gathering around to hear him. 2But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, "This man welcomes sinners and eats with them."

Jesus, You sat and ate with the people that no one else would break bread with...I was among those people. Just because we spend time with people who are not what you would have them to be Lord, doesn't imply condoning the life style that they are living. Redemption starts in the middle of a slave market...

I want to be the kind of person that welcomes people without preconditions, and yet does not condon lifestyles that are not pleasing to you Jesus. The kind of person who knows how to lead people to your grace, your mercy and love. I suspect that implies that humor is involved, mercy, love, the ability to give without preconditions. I can't do it Lord without your Holy Spirit's ongoing interaction and leadership.

3Then Jesus told them this parable: 4"Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it?

You left heaven on a search and love mission. You could have stayed in heaven and ate with the angels and yet you come to earth to a stable...to a table where you met me...to a cross and then a tomb that you left while soilders fainted from fear.

5And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' 7I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

Lord Jesus let there be rejoicing in heaven because people come to know you as savior...that means that it will get messy at times and that it will require reaching beyond where it is safe into the high country where sheep tend to stray.

Lord guide my steps so that by example and by lifestlye people come to a relatioship with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment