Thursday, July 16, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration
Every Move I Make
Every move I make I make in You,
(You make me move Jesus)
Every Breath I take I Breath in You
Every step I take I take in You,
(You are my way Jesus)
Every Breath I take I Breath in You

As I begin this day Lord Jesus is this my prayer...this is my hope...this is my decision...that every breath today breathes in you and is used by you.

Scripture Reflections Luke 12:54-59

54He said to the crowd: "When you see a cloud rising in the west, immediately you say, 'It's going to rain,' and it does. 55And when the south wind blows, you say, 'It's going to be hot,' and it is. 56Hypocrites! You know how to interpret the appearance of the earth and the sky. How is it that you don't know how to interpret this present time?

It is easy for me to be judgemental Lord Jesus of those who heard your message and did not respond...but that misses the mark entirely. They missed the signs of thier times. Even though they could predict the weather with some level of accuracy they were not able to see the value of what your call was to be on thier life.

The question that is more important to think about is where am I missing the signs of my times? Where are the places where I am not able to see you hand at work because of my own bias and blind spots? I know they are there...like endtables in the room at night...sometimes I walk around them without incident and then sometimes the reach up and grab me.

Lord Jesus make me aware of these blind spots that need your touch.

57"Why don't you judge for yourselves what is right? 58As you are going with your adversary to the magistrate, try hard to be reconciled to him on the way, or he may drag you off to the judge, and the judge turn you over to the officer, and the officer throw you into prison. 59I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny."

So the point is there is need for reconcilation...for addressing the blind spots...the places where there needs to be healing where the blind spots of the past need to be viewed and resolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment