Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration

My Life is in You Lord
My life is in you, Lord
My strength is in you, Lord
My hope is in you, Lord, in you, it's in you

I will praise you with all of my life
I will praise you with all of my strength
I will praise you with all of my life
With all of my strength
All of my hope is in you!

Scripture Reflections Luke 12:8-11
22Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes.

My life is in your hands Lord Jesus. I depend upon your grace for this coming day. Lord Jesus be with me, provide in this coming day as only you can do. My life is in you Lord, my hope is you Lord...

24Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!

Ravens are crows Lord and you know how I don't like crows.

Four crows have lived right in my back yard for the last 5 years. I am not sure why but they just don't like them. They are black, they feed on dead stuff and they are just plain creepy.

Yet you provide for them. If you provide for the crows that live in my back yard that are just plain creepy...then why should I worry or be concerned about your provision for me? You are in control of the winds of this world that blew them into my backyard in the first place...you know the conditions that will change that will send them on their way to another back yard.


25Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? 26Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?

So I am not going to worry about the crows anymore...although I would not mind if you sent them on their way. Me being concerned about birds in the back yard is a bit out there in the wild reaches.
Kurt a reality check is a good idea sometimes...

It just seems like crows in the back yard of a parsonage might mean something...but maybe it just means that you brought them to my back yard to feast on the grubs and moles that also live there. I have seriously thought about getting a gun and going after those silly crows to encourage them along their life cycle. But even crows need a place to call home.

So what do you have for me to learn from the crows Lord?

In the middle of the crows sleeping somewhere in the trees tonight outside my window, I rest in your grace...not always knowing what it all means. I rest in the fact that you care about crows, but you care about me more. Your grace and love are more than enough to see me through the crows. You have lessons for me to learn on this corner that the crows will see take place...hope they enjoy the view.

Lord Jesus be with me in the day that will begin all to soon...may you hand be upon me and lead me.

No comments:

Post a Comment