Sunday, July 19, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration

This morning in the quiet
I wait for you.
This morning in the early light
You will meet me.
The first thing I will do today is to
Praise You.
Holy is the One who died and is alive.
Worthy is the lamb that was slain.
Scripture Reflections Luke 13:14-16
14Indignant because Jesus had healed on the Sabbath, the synagogue ruler said to the people, "There are six days for work. So come and be healed on those days, not on the Sabbath."

In the middle of trying to obey the law these people missed the blessing that you had shown them of God working in power among his people. Lord Jesus don't let me miss You at work in power.

How did these people have the courage to even try to control what they could not accomplish?

Lord Jesus are there times when I try to control what should just be experienced and brought back to you in praise? I have a feeling that this behavior did not stop in the first century. Stop me in my tracks when I do this Lord...bring it to my attention. I will follow, but I will not attempt to tell you what needs to happen when. All days are yours, You can act as you see fit on any of them in my life.

Holy Spirit work.


15The Lord answered him, "You hypocrites! Doesn't each of you on the Sabbath untie his ox or donkey from the stall and lead it out to give it water? 16Then should not this woman, a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has kept bound for eighteen long years, be set free on the Sabbath day from what bound her?"

What better day for spiritual freedom?

I am not sure of all that this means Lord in reference to people who are under the oppression of Satan, but praise Your name, you are able to break any and all chains that bind.

Jesus this is Your day today. I am open and ready for your leading and touch. Lord lead and guide. Help me to be in step with the direction you are taking. Holy Spirit work in this day in every interaction and every thought, be close to me in this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment