Monday, July 13, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration
Psalm 23
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he restores my soul. He guides me in
paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Scripture Reflections Luke 12:35-40
35"Be dressed ready for service and keep your lamps burning, 36like men waiting for their master to return from a wedding banquet, so that when he comes and knocks they can immediately open the door for him.

Lord Jesus being ready for your service is much more than just having a back up sermon in my Bible...nor is it just about being ready to pray at a needed situation. It is about be ready to be all that you would have me to be in the middle of each situation that you put me in today. That is the trick...more accurately that is where the mystery of grace confronts me and comforts me time and time again.

I am waiting master...the house is ready for you...the closets are cleaned...the corners are cleaned out but without you it is just an empty house...

37It will be good for those servants whose master finds them watching when he comes. I tell you the truth, he will dress himself to serve, will have them recline at the table and will come and wait on them.

Lord Jesus the promise is when I am ready you are ready to make the celebration happen. Ready...be ready...that is the call everyday...everyway...Lord Jesus help me in this day to live out your call.

38It will be good for those servants whose master finds them ready, even if he comes in the second or third watch of the night. 39But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, he would not have let his house be broken into. 40You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him."

It is not about being surprised by the policeman who is on the side of the road just waiting for speeders. That is not the way You are to me. Instead it is living in such a way that you would be proud...would have me to live life.

If I am living just like you Lord then whenever you turn it will be fine.

Lord Jesus lead me good shepherd in the ways everlasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment