Monday, July 6, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration

So take me as You find me
All my fears and failures
Fill my life again
I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in
Now I surrender

Scripture Reflections Luke 12:4-7

4"I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. 5But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him.

Lord Jesus--Knowledge makes me responsible for follow through. In the middle of the everyday, you call me to live out with endurance and grace an open and transparent life. It is within that life without secrets that this call to accountability is understood. Without your Holy Spirit's help follow through is impossible.

6Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. 7Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

You know me Lord Jesus...you know my thoughts, my desires, my weaknesses...you made me and you know my needs. You don't forget sparrows you will not forget me. If you numbered the hairs on my grey head, then you know the reality of my life...you know the risks and you know the possible rewards, you know the way forward...you know my fears and hopes. Savior lead.

Savior in this day lead and direct as only you can. Give strength and encouragement in the middle of the places that I find myself. Help me to be open and transparent to your call and your direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment