Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration

Brokenness, brokenness is what I long for

Brokenness is what I need

Brokenness, brokenness is what You want from me

So, take my heart and form it

Take my mind and transform it

Take my will and conform it To Yours, to Yours, oh, Lord

Scripture Reflections Luke 8
49While Jesus was still speaking, someone came from the house of Jairus, the synagogue ruler. "Your daughter is dead," he said. "Don't bother the teacher any more."
Lord Jesus the crowd that day thought that healing could only be accomplished this side of the grave. They did not expect nor did they envision that you could raise the dead. The limits of their faith was this side of the grave.

Where are the limits that I put on your ability to act Lord Jesus?
There are no limits to what you can do and will do with your people and in your church. The only limits are the ones that I put on you. Lord Jesus don't let me put boundaries around what you can do or are willing to do...

50Hearing this, Jesus said to Jairus, "Don't be afraid; just believe, and she will be healed."

As he stood there next to You, What emotions and thoughts were going through this father's mind? Fear, must have been part of it...sadness, loss, grief and hurt were there also...struggling in the middle of it all to have faith that You could act on the behalf of his little one.

It is when I can allow You access into my heart, mind, and vision of what is possible ...while the fear, loss, sadness and hurt are still present...that is when soul work gets done. It is when I am able to allow you to use the hurt, loss, sadness and grief to Your glory that miracles can happen. You have to have access to my brokenness in order to have the room to act in power and grace.

Broken hearts can be healed...broken bodies mended, dead bodies brought back to life...it is not in my times of strength that You are free to act but in my weakness, in my need, in my inability to effect outcomes.


You asked Paul believe that You could use his weakness. "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Corinthians 12:9 You used Paul's weakness, you used Jarius weakness...I am sure that you can use mine.


51When he arrived at the house of Jairus, he did not let anyone go in with him except Peter, John and James, and the child's father and mother.

It was the inner circle and the parents of this little girl who would be witnesses to your power to bring the power of death in half...to bring this girl back from beyond death.

52Meanwhile, all the people were wailing and mourning for her. "Stop wailing," Jesus said. "She is not dead but asleep."

53They laughed at him, knowing that she was dead. 54But he took her by the hand and said, "My child, get up!"

55Her spirit returned, and at once she stood up. Then Jesus told them to give her something to eat. 56Her parents were astonished, but he ordered them not to tell anyone what had happened.

Just four words...but what a difference they made in the life of this family. You are able to speak the words of power and grace in my life. There are astonishing things that you want to do in my life...


Lord Jesus work, Holy Spirit work in this day...speak the words of power and grace today.

No comments:

Post a Comment