Friday, May 15, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration
 

Open My Eyes, Lord

Open my eyes, Lord
I want to see Jesus.
To reach out and touch him.
To show him we love him.
Open my ears, Lord
And help me to listen.
Open my eyes, Lord
I want to see Jesus
Matt Hyam

Scripture Reflections Luke 9

7Now Herod the tetrarch heard about all that was going on.

Lord Jesus, Herod is ultimately such a sad figure. A man who gave everything to stay on his throne. He was the ultimate insider, a politician who would keep the pundits talking if he were alive in our day, and yet was on the outside of the most important events in history.

I want to be engaged up to my heart's capacity in the movement of Your Holy Spirit in my day Lord Jesus. I don't want to hear about it second hand, I want to see your Spirit working...and be a part of it. Work Holy Spirit in Living Springs Community Church with power, grace and glory.

And he was perplexed, because some were saying that John had been raised from the dead, 8others that Elijah had appeared, and still others that one of the prophets of long ago had come back to life.

Herod listened intently, from a distance he watched what was happening in Your ministry, Lord Jesus. Yet he did not and in a sense may have not been able to seek you out himself...he could not move away from the place that his own power and choices had made for himself. He was in a gilded cage, I will bet that he was so afraid of losing his place and his power that he could not leave his palace. He greatest success, his power was his prison.

Lord Jesus give me the courage to never be content to watch Your work from a distance. I give you permission to shape my life choices in a way that brings You glory even when it means losing in the present to gain in the eternal.

Herod was a prime example of gaining the world but losing his soul.

Luke 9: 24-25

24
For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it. 25 For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or forfeits himself?

9But Herod said, "I beheaded John. Who, then, is this I hear such things about?" And he tried to see him.

Herod had been touched by John. John's message to Herod, that cost John his life, was something that Herod thought about and ruminated over...Herod could not get away from his decision to kill the first prophet in 400 years. Herod was left with his guilt.

Lord, In this day help me to choose in light of the eternal, to live with You in mind each choice of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment