Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration/Praise

Wonderful Maker
You spread out the skies over empty space
Said "let there be light"Into a dark and formless world
Your lightwas born
You spread out Your arms over empty hearts
Said "let there be light"
Into a dark and hopeless world
Your Sonwas born
You made the world and saw that it was good
You sent Your only son for You are good
Scripture Reflection Luke 8
16"No one lights a lamp and hides it in a jar or puts it under a bed. Instead, he puts it on a stand, so that those who come in can see the light.

Lord Jesus You have shown your light into my heart. You didn't do that to have me hide the light that you have given. It is the how that is difficult sometimes. I wonder if the candle has that kind of problem. Does it think." I am not sure I feel comfortable about this. What if my light is not appreciated? What if they ingor me? What if I don't shine right?"
No! It just shines. So I need to just shine in the darkness that surrounds me...shine when the morning breaks...shine if the wind blows...shine the light that you have given.

17For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.
We can not hide the word that is inside, it will come out. I wonder if Nicodemus was listening to this teaching or maybe Joseph of Arimathea. In the end they found a way to shine for you Lord.
Remind me in the times when I would prefer to be under the radar that nothing that is hidden can stay that way long. Sercets conceled will be revealed and brought out into the light of day.
So shine, Kurt...
18Therefore consider carefully how you listen. Whoever has will be given more; whoever does not have, even what he thinks he has will be taken from him."

Listening must be put into pratice, it must find action in the world where relevence is the measure of my effectiveness. I must listen and hear with all of my heart, the danger is that if I am not actualizing you word in the world, then my ability to hear the truth will be impacted.

Lord Jesus, In this day help me to live out what I have heard in your word. I need to see your word brought into the real world of push and shove, of pull and pinch...places where the reality of my relationship with you will be tested today. Let me live out you word, as You walk with me through this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment