Friday, May 29, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration

Worthy is the Lamb
Thank You for the cross Lord
Thank You for the price You paid
Bearing all my sin and shame
In love You came
And gave amazing grace
Worthy is the Lamb
Seated on Your throne
Crown You now with many crown
You reign victorious
Scripture Reflection: Luke 9

27I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God."

Lord--Here you were talking about what James, John and Peter would experience on the mountain top with you...with the number of times I have read this how did I miss it?They saw the kingdom of God...on a mountain...they saw you in glory and honor. It was an event that shaped their understanding of you in all of your glory.

28About eight days after Jesus said this, he took Peter, John and James with him and went up onto a mountain to pray. 29As he was praying, the appearance of his face changed, and his clothes became as bright as a flash of lightning.

It was in the middle of prayer...the way that you looked to the disciples changed. External changes reflected internal reality.

How do I come to the place where internal reality is reflected by external reality? The connection becomes clearer and as time goes on the internal and external come closer and closer together.

In that moment you allowed yourself to shine in a way that this world seldom sees...Can that still happen? Reveal yourself to me in shining brilliance...shine through in the events in my life...shine through in my witness...shine through in Living Springs Church...shine through in all that is said and done. those places where it is difficult to shine...eliminate the smudge on my soul...you have unrestricted access to make the changes necessary. Jesus shine.

30Two men, Moses and Elijah, 31appeared in glorious splendor, talking with Jesus. They spoke about his departure, which he was about to bring to fulfillment at Jerusalem.

This was a working meeting. Two of the people who were pivotal people in Salvation History met and talked with you...talking of your death...talking of the fulfillment of things to come. These two figures whose deaths were shrouded with mystery and who were so important to the leadership of the people of God in the past...come to you at this pivotal time of your ministry.

I wonder if they had advise or were they in awe of what you were going to do? I suspect it was a surprise to even Moses that God's only son Messiah would be willing to submit to this ultimate act of giving.


32Peter and his companions were very sleepy, but when they became fully awake, they saw his glory and the two men standing with him. 33As the men were leaving Jesus, Peter said to him, "Master, it is good for us to be here. Let us put up three shelters—one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah." (He did not know what he was saying.)

Peter opens mouth and inserts foot...into the middle of the mysterious and the majestic he wants to insert the mundane. Lord Jesus give me the grace to allow the mysterious and the majestic its place. I wonder if Peter was afraid, and just wanted to do something...anything but allow the power of the moment overwhelm him. I know that is me at my most awkward moments. Lord help.

34While he was speaking, a cloud appeared and enveloped them, and they were afraid as they entered the cloud. 35A voice came from the cloud, saying, "This is my Son, whom I have chosen; listen to him." 36When the voice had spoken, they found that Jesus was alone. The disciples kept this to themselves, and told no one at that time what they had seen.

There was the need for commentary, explaination. Part of the reason for this incident was validation for the disciples...that they could know with certainty that you were the Christ...this came on the heels of Peter's knowledge of you as Messiah. It was the voice of the Father that sealed the disciples understanding of this incident...they would remember that voice forever.

Lord Jesus in this day, increase my ability to be transparent...shine through me in this day...in the travels of this day be with me...be in me...polish the glass of my soul so I can allow your brilliance to shine through.
Worthy is the Lamb
Seated on Your throne
Crown You now with many crown
You reign victorious

No comments:

Post a Comment