Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration
 Once Again
Jesus Christ, I think upon Your sacrifice
You became nothing, poured out to death
Many times I've wondered at Your gift of life
And I'm in that place once again
I'm in that place once again

And once again I look upon the cross where You died
I'm humbled by Your mercy and I'm broken inside
Once again I thank You
Once again I pour out my life
Matt Redman

Scripture Reflections Luke 9
1When Jesus had called the Twelve together, he gave them power and authority to drive out all demons and to cure diseases, 2and he sent them out to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick.

The disciples had watched Jesus for some time...they had heard him preach and seen the power of his healing ministry . It was time for the next step. The need was so great and the time was so short that there needed to be delegation of job duties and expansion.

Judas who would in the coming years betray Jesus was a part of the group that was able by the delegation of Christ's power to heal the sick and to cast out demons. It is sobering Lord Jesus to realize that Judas the betrayer had personal experience of Your power and glory and still walked away.

3He told them: "Take nothing for the journey—no staff, no bag, no bread, no money, no extra tunic. 4Whatever house you enter, stay there until you leave that town.

There was a custom of hospitality at that time. It was a time when there were very few inns or places to stay. Hospitality and taking care of travelers was expected. There was the expectation that the disciples would be taken care of. They were not to bring anything for the journey. Ministry when vital and life changing does not have to worry about money.The needs will be taken care of by the people who have received the blessing.

5
If people do not welcome you, shake the dust off your feet when you leave their town, as a testimony against them." 6So they set out and went from village to village, preaching the gospel and healing people everywhere.

Alive ministry that is not accepted and supported by a community, says something about the community. What a change this ministry must have had on the area The impact of this outreach reached the ears of Herod the King.

Vital ministry changes the culture around it. The goal of ministry is not political agenda or the cause of the day. The goal of ministry is to change hearts to see healing and hope restored.

When I think about the culture I live in Lord Jesus, I realize the only real response is to pour out my life in the places that you have called me to.

And once again I look upon the cross where You died
I'm humbled by Your mercy and I'm broken inside
Once again I thank You
Once again I pour out my life

No comments:

Post a Comment