Saturday, April 10, 2010

Notes to the Lord:From Bad to Worse

Scripture Reflections Matthew 12:43-45
43"When an evil spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44Then it says, 'I will return to the house I left.' When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order.


Lord Jesus--There is a cost to avoiding or misconstruing Your work in my life. The work that cleaned also leaves space for an increase in the impact of evil if I don't fill up the vacuum with the work of Your grace.

45Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go
in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation."

Lord Jesus--The generation that your earthly ministry was centered on found itself in that situation.I wonder how you would judge the generation that I am a part of? Let that not be the case in my life.A fundamental lesson of the heart that I continue to learn is that I will be filled with something either I can be filled with Your Spirit or not. But empty is just not an option.

Lord Jesus move as you would seep into every part of me and fill in all of the empty spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment