Thursday, April 29, 2010

Notes to the Lord:The Net in my hand


Matthew 13
47"Once again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was let down into the lake and caught all kinds of fish. 48When it was full, the fishermen pulled it up on the shore. Then they sat down and collected the good fish in baskets, but threw the bad away. 49This is how it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous 50and throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

51"Have you understood all these things?" Jesus asked.
"Yes," they replied.


Lord Jesus--It is not my worry to sort out what your net brings in, it is just my job to throw down the net, to pull in the boat...to put my hand to the work that you put before me. You and the angels of light will do the sorting at the end of the age.


I am so keenly aware of the reality of the situation that confronts me. I am not wise enough or know enough of the lives of those who I find in the net to sort it all out. What I can do is to live this day that will begin before me to the glory of the One who put me here in the first place.


Response to the message is not my problem either. It is the responsibility of those who are drawn in. Those are the parts that get so confusing at times for me. What if I had just communicated it better...but response is not my problem...being true to Your call Lord Jesus...that is what I have control over.


So in the day is in front of me Lord Jesus lead me in your way. Help me keep pulling in the net in my hand, I leave the rest to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment