Thursday, April 15, 2010

Notes to the Lord:In the Darkness again?


Matthew 13
16But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear. 17For I tell you the truth, many prophets and righteous men longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it.

Lord Jesus--The clarity of salvation history was something that your people in the past longed to hear and didn't. The reality of living in this time is the reality of the blessing of clarity and guidance. The prophets of the Old Testament knew of your work only in snapshots. But in your coming to this insignificant planet on one spiral arm of a galaxy that is pretty unremarkable you showed the whole family picture album...in fact it was so much more than that. You gave us yourself.

So why does it seem to dark at times? It seem like at the times when clarity and vision are needed most that I seem to have no other choice than to step out into the darkness. You ask me to trust you that no matter what happens you are in control and are at work. It is in the dark that I find myself so thankful for your word, and the times when it has been dark before in my life. You worked then you will work now. Lord Jesus thank you for the clarity of this walk with you, and thank you for the darkness. For it is in the darkness that you continue to surprise me with what you end up bringing about...just because of a few fearful and faithful steps into the dark.

So today Lord Jesus thank you for the light. But remind me that it is in the darkness that you can best surprise me...be with me in darkness and light today.

No comments:

Post a Comment