Monday, April 5, 2010

Notes To the Lord:God At Work


Scripture Reflections: Matthew 12:22-29
22Then they brought him a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute, and Jesus healed him, so that he could both talk and see. 23All the people were astonished and said, "Could this be the Son of David?" 24But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, "It is only by Beelzebub, the prince of demons, that this fellow drives out demons."

Lord Jesus--Why is it that there was such debate about the miracles that were brought about by your ministry? The people saw and experienced the results of the healings. It was the understanding of the experience that was called into question by the religious elite of the day.These men who attributed demonic activity to these acts of healing were doing it because of their own agendas...their own need for control and protection of their vested interest. By their control and protection of their interests the missed out on the blessing of seeing God at work in power and grace in their day.

How do I view the miraculous that surrounds me? Do I attribute them to the demonic or to the grace of God? There are so many things that when I think of them I can only attribute them to the active intervention of God. Family, home, children that know you Lord Jesus, more work that it meaningful than I know what to do with...all miracles brought about by your hand in grace and goodness.

25Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. 26If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand? 27And if I drive out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. 28But if I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.29"Or again, how can anyone enter a strong man's house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man? Then he can rob his house.

Lord Jesus--Your activity in my little world can be confusing to understand...blessings and miracles of grace and glory wrapped up in a brown paper bag. Then sometimes what appears to be outbreaks of power and grace on the face of it in the end turn out to be just hot air personified. It takes a level of discernment to sort through, time to watch and being open to the leading of the Holy Spirit on levels that allow for You to work in ways that are not just in my own self interest.

Lord Jesus in this day let me see with clear eyes the blessing that you have brought about in my life and in the lives of those who surround me. Don't let me be distracted by the packaging,, but let me see Your work for what it is...the grace of God that I can touch in my own hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment