Friday, April 23, 2010

Notes to the Lord:Overflowing Thoughts



Thoughts Before a Trip

So in a few hours Brian, Carol and I are off to Orlando Florida to a gathering of Free Methodists from all across the eastern half of the country. I will not make any wise comments that we are meeting in mouse land or Micky's backyard although that is how I think of Orlando.

I have studiously avoided these kind of gatherings for the past 6 years since I have been back in the Free Methodist fold. I am not sure why I don't like these kind of meetings. I have never been one to retreat much. It seems only logical in my mind that retreat is movement in the wrong direction.

But before I leave I commit to all those of Living Spring's Blog Land readers I will engage and listen. I will gain all that God has for this traveling preacher and his friends at this important gathering of the church. Pray for Carol and Brian that God gives them grace to deal with me for a full three days non-stop.

In all seriousness, pray for God's Spirit to be present as we seek his direction and inspiration. I am praying that God will send a new day to this group of people who have such a history of grace received, may there be a new blessing of God's anointing that can be traced to this time when we all came to Micky Land.

Let's not even talk about the fact the I have to FLY to get there...

God Grant me the serenity
to accept the things I can not change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the wisdom to know the diffence.

Did I mention that fact that we were flying? Did I mention the fact that I don't like to fly?

No comments:

Post a Comment