Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Notes to the Lord:It Takes Work

Matthew 13

10The disciples came to him and asked, "Why do you speak to the people in parables?"


Lord Jesus--The disciples noticed that you were taking a step back from the people. You continued to heal and continued to teach, but they saw that you were not including the people in the full conversation of your teaching. This question is laced with some of their agenda and plans that they may have had for you. Seeing the step back from clarity was disconcerting for them.

There are times when my expectations get in the way of seeing the direction of your activity in my life. The disciples questioned your direction Lord Jesus. I know the feeling.

11He replied, "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12Whoever has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him.

Lord Jesus--If I want to see you work in my life, the starting point is where I am not where I would like to be...not my expectations, but my present tense reality. So the starting point is what I have. You have given everyone a bit of light. I am sure that John was pointing to that when he said:

John 1:9 This was the true light that gives light to every man who comes into the world.

Everyone has some light the issue is to move toward the light and to look for the light everywhere that I am. That is where the blessing is, to build on what you have already given and to see you bless it by participating with me in this thing called life. There is work involved in following you, this life that you have called me to is not a passive, observation but an active participation.

13This is why I speak to them in parables: "Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand. 14In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah: " 'You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving. 15For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.'

Lord Jesus--Now down to the reason for parables. It is simple really. The people needed to do some digging, some participation and engagement in the teaching. The next level that you have for me always requires that I am willing to engage at the point of change, growth, and giving my assumptions and expectations to you.

The solution to calloused soul syndrome is the intervention of the Holy Spirit which requires that I am willing to change...that I am willing to let you lead and to follow the light where ever it leads.

1 John 1:7
7But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

Keep me in the light today Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment