Saturday, April 3, 2010

Notes To the Lord:Hope Alive in a Pratical World


Scripture Reflections--Matthew 12: 15-21

15Aware of this, Jesus withdrew from that place. Many followed him, and he healed all their sick, 16warning them not to tell who he was.

Lord Jesus--You knew the context of the culture that you lived in...You could sense when the public opinion was against you. Teach me to be aware of what is going on around me and find ways to be effective for You in these times that are flowing all around me.

17This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah:
18"Here is my servant whom I have chosen,
the one I love, in whom I delight;
I will put my Spirit on him,
and he will proclaim justice to the nations.

Lord Jesus--You were sent with the mission in mind of teaching, modeling and proclaiming justice in a world that was not a friend to justice. Equals were to be treated like equals. Your ministry showed that in who you healed. You healed those who needed your touch, when they were available.

In fact the availability of the power of God, to work in the lives of those who needed without respect to who they were or when they were healed, is the reason why you were not accepted. What does that imply about the activity of God in my life? It seems to imply that you will work in ways and times that you see fit. You are in charge of the availability of the movement of God, that I need not chase after the manifestations of the Holy Spirit. You will direct and anoint for the task that is needed to done.

19He will not quarrel or cry out;
no one will hear his voice in the streets.
20A bruised reed he will not break,
and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out,
till he leads justice to victory.
21In his name the nations will put their hope."

Lord Jesus--You did not debate the movement of God. You did not argue the issue. You accepted where people were at when you saw them. When Nicodemus came to you at night you did not send him away, you accepted his need for privacy.There will come a time when justice will be lead to victory. You will return to this crippled and dieing planet and our hope will be reality.

Lord Jesus in this day accept my availability for the Your Spirit's movement and work. Work as you see fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment