Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration

Lord, Your people have praised you through out the ages…I pause in the beginning of this day to praise you. Lord of all Creation hear my praise and may it be acceptable in your sight, my Rock and my Salvation.

Amazing Grace
Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see.
T'was Grace that taught
my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
the hour I first believed.

Scripture Reflection: Psalm 130:1-4
Psa 130:1 A Song of Ascents. Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O Jehovah. 2 Lord, hear my voice: Let thine ears be attentive To the voice of my supplications.

You hear me to matter where I am…you hear me and the amazing thing is that the God of all Creation listens and care about what I say…sometimes I don’t even listen to me…but He listens. It is the cry of my heart that He will listen and intervene in my life situation…and the amazing thing about grace is that He does!

I was wondering what was implied by the use of Jehovah that particular name for God…it implies that the God that has always and always will exist is in relationship with man…with me. The transcendent connects to the transient …the eternal communions with the momentary. Amazing Grace…

Psa 130:3 If thou, Jehovah, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand?

Mark…keep a record…the book must be long. Many entries by my name on multiplex copies…I am thinking of a copy room that goes on forever …or maybe a supercomputer that knows no end to the amount of data that can be collected…gigabytes and terabytes of data from the beginning of the created order…starting with the sin of Adam.

Psa 130:4 But there is forgiveness with thee, That thou mayest be feared.

The relationship that is created is one that is based on forgiveness and which leads to fear of the loss of that relationship. Some translations use the word worship here…
Psa 130:4 But you forgive us, and so we will worship you.

I would prefer to think of this as holy awe…a sense of reverent worship of the One who seeks, saves and forgives. I can’t understand his forgiveness. I can not grasp the depth of His love. I can only experience it and do all that I can to live up to his forgiveness. I owe a debt of love to Him for what He has done for me.

Lord Jesus may your Amazing Grace lead me and guide me in this day...that I may live out the love that you so clear show me.

No comments:

Post a Comment