Friday, April 17, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration/Praise


Savior Please
Savior, please help me stand I fall so hard,
I fade so fast
Will You begin right where I end
And be the God of all I am because
You're all that I have
I try to be so tough
But I'm just not strong enough
I can't do this alone
God I need You to hold on to me
I try to be good enough
But I'm nothing without Your love
Savior, please keep saving me



Scripture Reflections Luke 7


11-15Not long after that, Jesus went to the village Nain. His disciples were with him, along with quite a large crowd. As they approached the village gate, they met a funeral procession—a woman's only son was being carried out for burial. And the mother was a widow. When Jesus saw her, his heart broke. He said to her, "Don't cry." Then he went over and touched the coffin. The pallbearers stopped. He said, "Young man, I tell you: Get up." The dead son sat up and began talking. Jesus presented him to his mother.


Lord Jesus you were just walking down the road and you saw this woman in the middle of her grief and lost. Her loss touched your heart...why? What jumped out at you amid all the other events of that day...
Who am I not seeing that you would see as I walk through my days? Who are the unseen that need to be seen...who are the people who you would see and touch?
This death was no different than any of the other people who were being buried each day as you ministered, yet you saw this women and her grief.You taught us that you know of all our losses...from the death of a bird to the hairs on our heads...you know and you care.
So what does that teach me about loss and about the way that you would have me react to it? I need to treat all loss with dignity and grace...I need to remember that you saw and interceded in a situation that you knew would only be a temporary fix, yet you saw the value in it. Sometimes radical change is what is needed when we are facing loss.
Help me to know Jesus when radical change is possible. You are still have the ability to heal and to touch us in our need. Jesus please...keep saving me.

No comments:

Post a Comment