Friday, April 3, 2009

Κύριος Notes


Adoration
Need
I come to you needy.
I need your touch.
Your healing today.
I am not enough to meet the challenge
It confronts me with my need.
My need becomes an opportunity to see you work.
Scripture Reflections: Luke 6
20 Then Jesus turned to his disciples and said, “God blesses you who are poor,for the Kingdom of God is yours. 21 God blesses you who are hungry now,for you will be satisfied. God blesses you who weep now,for in due time you will laugh.

Lord Jesus as I read this I can almost see you looking out over the crowd that day…you saw the people…some rich, some poor…some needy some with no visible needs.

As you looked deeper your saw the hunger in their eyes…a hunger that was for something that was more than just food or the desire of the moment. As God of creation you bless these people. You bless the poor and the hungry and those who weep. It is at the point of my need that you can touch me.
It is at the point where I am willing to admit that I am not enough…it is at the point where after the miles and the aisle of endless stuff, I come to the soul knowledge that what I am really in need of is what comes from your hand. That is the point where the work can begin. Nothing else is really enough, but your blessing.
Lord, thank you for the reality of my need. I can not meet the need of the hour without you. This day is yours to work in. Thank you for what you are going to do it it.

No comments:

Post a Comment