Sunday, April 12, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration

Low in the grave he lay,
Jesus my Savior,
waiting the coming day,
Jesus my Lord!
Up from the grave he arose;
with a mighty triumph o'er his foes;
he arose a victor from the dark domain,
and he lives forever,
with his saints to reign.
He arose! He arose!
Hallelujah! Christ arose!--
Robert Lowry
Scripture Reflection:Luke 6
39He also told them this parable: "Can a blind man lead a blind man? Will they not both fall into a pit? 40A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher.

How often am I a blind man Lord Jesus. How often in the pits? So the training continues. It is Life 101 and it is really a pass fail course. We pass based on what you have done for us on a cross on a hill outside of town.

41"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 42How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

In the middle of this life I need to use my best judgement. Yet at the same time not judge the people around us with a different standard than I want used to measure me. This judgement things even gets more convoluted and twisted in a knot when I think of some of the decisions that need to be made in life and in the church.

It reminds me that the beginning point in decision making is prayer and not thinking things through...prayer where I am open to the leading of the Holy Spirit's direction and call...open to the fact that this learning experience is not just Life 101 but Life 101 with Jesus. It needs to be judgement that flows from and starts with Jesus and with the direction of the Holy Spirit. Decisions require judgement, but judgement that is baptized in the Spirit of God.

Jesus I continue to be amazed at the reality of your grace and love. It was on a Sunday just like this one that you were raised from the dead sin could not hold you.

No comments:

Post a Comment