Sunday, April 19, 2009

Κύριος Notes


Adoration/Praise

Come Holy Spirit
Fall afresh on me
Fill me with Your power
Satisfy my needs
Only You can make me whole
Give me strength to make me grow
Come Holy Spirit
Fall afresh on me
Malclom Fletcher and Sara Kling

Scripture reflection Luke 7

16-17They all realized they were in a place of holy mystery, that God was at work among them. They were quietly worshipful—and then noisily grateful, calling out among themselves, "God is back, looking to the needs of his people!" The news of Jesus spread all through the country.




What does it take for me to know that I am in the presence of the Holy? For the people of Nain it was the raising of a dead man and the restoration of widows future...but what does it take for me to know without a doubt that I am in the presence of the Holy?



The response of the people that day was worship and gratitude. They did not send out fliers and start revival meetings. They did not try to camp out at where God had been revealed to them like Peter, James and John wanted to on the mount of Transfiguration. They knew that God was moving and looking after the needs of his people...am I as sure of that work? I live in a time when people search out where they feel that connection to the Holy...where we cruise looking for where we can find that sense. We want to see a phenomena...we want to see power displayed just so we can know that it is you at work.


I want to see revival...but that isn't quite the word that I mean. I want to know the movement of the Holy in my life, in the life of the church that I am a part of, and of the community that I live in. I want to know that without a doubt that God is working and moving in these areas. These witnesses to the raising of the widow's son said it well...
"God is back, looking to the needs of his people."


I will know that the Holy is at work when I see immediate need met with unlooked for grace and power...I will know that The Holy is at work when I see lives changed by that same power that raised You from the dead Lord Jesus. I will know that the Holy is at work when I sense the affirming and the directing power of the Holy Spirit at work in my life.

Lord Jesus as I look over that list...I realize that you have come and are looking to the needs of your people...maybe not in raising of the dead...that would be great and you have the power to do that if you want to...but in unmistakable ways you are at work. Continue that work Lord Jesus.




No comments:

Post a Comment