Friday, April 24, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration/Praise

My Jesus, my savior
Lord there is none like you
All of my days
I want to praise
The wonders of your mighty love

My comfort, my shelter
Tower of refuge and strenght
Let every breath, all that i'm
Never cease to worship you

Shout to the Lord all the earth let us sing
Power and majesty praise to the King
Mountains bow down and the seas will roar
At the sound of Your Name

Scripture Reflection:Luke 7

24-27After John's messengers left to make their report, Jesus said more about John to the crowd of people. "What did you expect when you went out to see him in the wild? A weekend camper? Hardly. What then? A sheik in silk pajamas? Not in the wilderness, not by a long shot. What then? A messenger from God? That's right, a messenger! Probably the greatest messenger you'll ever hear.

John was a person of the people a person who spoke to the longing of the people of Israel. They longed to hear the word of the Lord clearly and when they found someone who spoke with authority they flocked to him. John wore the clothes of a prophet and ate the food of the prophet Elijah. John was a prophet in the mold of the Elijah and the prophets of the Old Testament. He was forthright and blunt, clear and direct.

He is the messenger Malachi announced when he wrote,

I'm sending my messenger on ahead
To make the road smooth for you.

John was all about the message. His message was a simple one: "Messiah is coming and we need to get ready for him." Preparation was not a matter of roads and bridges...John was preparing a road from the hearts of the people to your feet Lord Jesus.

There is preparation that needs to be done in my heart Lord Jesus...the highway of holiness, the road to Kingdom Come runs right through where I am right now...right through the successes and the foibles, the heartaches and the hopes...the blessings and the curses.

The preparation that needs to be done is-- to see that Your will runs right through the mix of the choices that I am making right now. The people saw the reality...the essence of John's message...the Holy Road was not so much about laws as much as a of change of the heart and personal choices. The laws were only the guardrails on the road to Kingdom Come. There needed to be heart change not just following a list of laws.


Jesus, Your coming changed everything. Keep me on the road to Kingdom Come today. Help me to see within the choices that the day brings...Your guidance and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment